On Behalf of the European Iron Club, the Local Organizing Committee (D. Girelli, P. Arosio, C. Camaschella, M.D. Cappellini, G. Cairo, A. Piperno, A. Pietrangelo, G. Pizzolo, N. Campostrini, A. Castagna, M. Corbella, M. Poli, L. Silvestri) is pleased to invite you to attend the EIC 2014 Meeting to be held in Verona, Italy on September 11-14, 2014.
The EIC-2014 meeting will be devoted to the current state of the art in biochemical, physiological, genetic and clinical aspects of iron in health and diseases in order to promote fruitful interaction between fundamental research and clinical practice.
We are sure you will enjoy your stay in Verona, one of Italy’s most popular travel cities. Located between Milan and Venice, Verona is known as the city of Romeo and Juliet and for its Roman Arena. The city has been awarded World Heritage Site status by UNESCO because of its urban structure and architecture.
Of note, the Meeting will take place at the Historical Palazzo della Gran Guardia, which will host in these days the magnificent exhibition of the local painter Paolo Caliari of Verona (hence “Veronese”), in collaboration with the National Gallery of London (www.nationalgallery.org.uk/whats-on/exhibitions/veronese-magnificence-in-renaissance-venice) (www.mostrapaoloveronese.com/).
Mark your calendars for 14 April 2014 when Congress registration opens and when you can start submitting your abstract and apply for a travel grant.
14 April 2014
- Preliminary program
- Opening of online registration
- Opening of online hotel reservation
- Opening of Abstract submission
- Opening of travel grant application
23 June 2014: NEW DEADLINE 7 JULY
- Closing of Abstract submission: NEW DEADLINE 7 JULY
- Closing of travel grant application: NEW DEADLINE 7 JULY
- End of early registration: NEW DEADLINE 7 JULY
14 July 2014: NEW DEADLINE 31 JULY
- Abstract acceptance and travel grant notification: NEW DEADLINE 31 JULY
28 August 2014
- End of online registration
11 September 2014
- EDUCATIONAL SYMPOSIUM Update on disorders of iron metabolism: from molecular basis to the clinic
11-14 September 2014
- European Iron Club Meeting 2014
14 September 2014
- Annual General Meeting EFAPH European Federation of Associations of Patients for Haemochromatosis
We would like to inform you that on September 13-14 there will be in Verona the Raduno Triveneto Verona of the Alpines.
It is a very folkloristic event, so you could meet with some inconveniences (ex. trafic).